I've decided to break the silence for a bit to bring my watchers' attention to this.
* Windows 10 is a spyware
. It wants to know what you type, your real name, your entire phone book, your friends, your facebook account, your files on every drive, passwords from your Wi-Fi network and BitLocker password for encrypted partitions. You can't turn this off unless you are using Server or Enterprise editions of the OS (which are borderline expensive). This means every "casual" Windows 10's user is a subject of data disclosure to NSA, FBI and CIA.
* Windows 10 forcefully (and silently) updates drivers for every piece of hardware. nVidia users has already experienced this "in its full glory" when the "updated" drivers rendered OS unusable. Same with the security patches - everything is mandatory, you can't even choose what to install and what not to (unless you own a Server or Enterprise edition), even if it's already known that update in question will break the OS.
* Windows 10 uses peer-to-peer connection to distribute updates across the users and utilizes their Internet connection without their consent.
* Windows 10 sends about 85 Megabytes of data to over 50(!!) different domains every 15(!!) minutes
regardless if you've disabled data collection or not. The data it sends contains, among other things, a screenshots of your whole desktop!
* Micro$oft is going to push "updates" that will render inoperable (supposedly) pirated software
and Chinese clones of XBox controllers.
* Windows 10 is an adware. It shows advertisements in both Start menu and the Windows Store.
* Windows 10 will invalidate your license once you'll change any "core" hardware of your PC
. This includes such "small" things like amount of RAM and the hard drives. Yes, just for that you'll be forced to pay the full price of the OS again.
* Windows 10 destroys BIOS/UEFI
on deinstallation/system restore and writes into it to enforce license checks every time the PC is booted.
* Wacom is NOT going to supply drivers for Windows 10 any time soon.
Does it surprise anyone that I still use Windows XP and slowly migrating to Linux? It's already possible to run SAI in Wine with full tablet sensitivity (here's the solution
), and I don't play crappy pointless games (like GTA V), so entirely dropping Windows for me is only a matter of time.
How about you? Feel free to write your opinion in the comments.